The vernal equinox marks the first day of spring, when day and night are of equal duration, and our memories of the long, cold winter recede in anticipation of summer’s light and warmth.
For this playlist, we collected a number of new and recently released tracks which reflect the seasonal brightening of skies and moods yet remain firmly rooted in darker soil, as it were.
(Note that Giants Arise will be opening Unbeheld’s show next weekend in Abbotsford and So Hideous will be touring the west shortly, with a Vancouver stop at Funky Winkerbeans in May. Also worth mentioning: alumni of Disembowelment and Coldwar (Dublin) are the culprits responsible for Inverloch and Mortichnia respectively; the latter’s Heir to Scoria and Ash garnering a spot in heavy rotation here on the factory floor.)
- Vredehammer – “Light the Fucking Sky”
- Giants Arise – “Landsharks”
- Secrets of the Sky – “Three Swords”
- Midas Fall – “Half a Mile Outside”
- So Hideous – “The Keepsake”
- Mortichnia – “A Furious Withering”
- Mercury’s Antennae – “Beneath the Serene”
- The Body – “Wanderings”
- Inverloch – “Cataclysm of Luna”
- Sarke – “Alternation”
- Ales Tsurko – “Forty-two”